A new update is now available for Spellmaster II (version 0.0.29 based on source code revision bef7f85cffac). Patch notes for this version follow.
Spellmaster II Preview Release 0.0.29 (7 October 2017)
This update is mostly for balance changes to the Intryon card game. It is a compulsory update for all players.
- Previous versions of Spellmaster II are no longer able to connect to the server. This blocks connections from any version built around GineverAccount 5.0, which has a subtly different network protocol which is incompatible.
Intryon balance changes:
- Marcopa's self-destruct now allows you to search for any ship card and put it into your hand.
- Long Range Fleet Beacon can now additionally put revealed cards at the bottom of the deck.
- Decoy Asteroid can no longer be shuffled back into the deck after being destroyed and is now forced to remain in the scrapheap for the rest of the game once it is sent there.
- Lesath shields reduced from 6 to 5.
- Alaxa Fiero shields reduced from 6 to 5.
- Precognition now has a variable cost (you may pay 4 or more) and can now only search for cards with a combined total cost of the amount you pay for the card.
- Black Hole Bomb now removes all keywords and abilities from all persistent cards before destroying them.