Remember how we said this was OP not too long ago? Nowadays, when I think of it, some of the things that make ICBM OP in Robbit do not apply anymore, and could be introduced into PvP to make things more exciting:
- Basically infinite resources (HV power, mass fabs, etc) meant that a rich faction could just infinitely nuke anyone with their unlimited materials. Now resources are highly limited in PvP. If some of the recipes are 'amped up' in price, firing a missile or not would be a difficult decision to make (i.e. is it worth our limited supplies?)
- The explosion griefing issue meant a hard NO for ICBM. This is fixed now.
- PvE groups are unable to be hit with missiles since they are in a different dimension.
ICBM would add a whole new aspect of PvP gameplay to Robbit:
- Missiles (the non-griefing ones that we should add) would be an expensive option to attack a faction that refuses to come out of their base. They have a configurable 2000 block radius. A missile strike could also be an initial surprise attack (i.e. against Seavern. Although we are difficult to kill in combat and have a nearly impenetrable base, a missile strike could be an option for a weaker enemy faction to get some kills) This gives relatively more power to underdog factions vs. powerful factions while adding a non-OP hardcore element, both of which i feel like people will like.
- Radar Stations, at the cost of precious energy, can detect players and incoming missiles within a 500 block radius. In turn, an Anti-Ballistic Missile can be launched to counter an incoming missile.
- EMP Missiles can effectively wipe out an energy system, removing precious power from a base until replenished. EMP Towers are machines that do the same, but have a very high energy cost to use.
- A Signal Disruptor can be used to bypass your own detection systems. Alternatively, if an enemy frequency is discovered, you can use it to bypass enemy radar/detection. (frequency channel limit will not be an issue here)
- Camouflage Blocks can be used to hide doorways, missile silos, etc, and can be walked through. This would also make for a cool dungeon tool .
- You will need to ALSO defend your base against missiles. (i.e. Did I build my energy storage room low enough?... If we get hit with a missile, will this part of the base be safe?... Are we prepared to use Radar/Anti-Missiles?).
- Turrets. I understand Gun Turrets contradict your anti-gun stance, and will probably not be added. And Railguns can also be used to grief. But Laser Turrets can be used as a high-energy-cost way to defend a base against mobs/players.
Finally, here's all the OP or other things from this mod that really won't work:
- Gun Turrets and Railgun, Rocket Launcher, Spikes (duplicate)
- Missiles/Explosives: Antimatter, Red Matter, Rejuvenation, Sonic/Hypersonic, Breaching. Probably not anvil, exothermic or endothermic, but I'm not exactly sure what the last 2 can do.
Every other missile type works (causes direct entity damage, bad effects, flings entities/players around, etc without causing block damage)