A new update is now available for Robbit (version 27.0.0-DEV1, revision 4348). Patch notes for this version follow.
Robbit "Fondant Fancy" Patch 27, Development Preview 1 (21 June 2016)
This is an experimental preview version. It may not represent the final product and is not as large as previous major updates.
Since the release of "Exciting Eclair" based on the Minecraft 1.7.10 "Update that Changed the World", the vanilla version of Minecraft has been updated several times with various new features. The normal approach to integrating those features into Robbit would be to update Robbit to a newer version of Minecraft, but at the moment that is not feasible. The decision has therefore been made to backport some of those new features to 1.7.10 instead so that you can still experience them without being forced to abandon the Robbit client. Consequently, this update includes SOME (but not all) additional features from the Minecraft 1.8 "Bountiful Update", along with a smaller subset of new features from the Minecraft 1.9 "Combat Update" and the Minecraft 1.10 "Frostburn Update". The inclusion of these features means that this release is now designated "Fondant Fancy" rather than "Exciting Eclair".
Over time, it is possible that more vanilla features from newer versions of Minecraft will make it into Robbit - feel free to request missing stuff either in Discord or on JIRA and we will consider your requests.
Due to the closedown of Asterion Minecraft, great care must be taken to preserve compatibility with the downloadable world archive, in case people are actively continuing to build in it. Subsequently, we want to avoid remapping the world if at all possible, since a remap of the world archive would take several days from the client, which is rather infeasible. Because of this, a new ID sorting system was developed for Fondant Fancy. The new sorting system allows us to insert new blocks and items without having to remap the world, but prevents us from removing any or fundamentally altering how things are saved on disk, which is why it was not previously used. Despite the limitations with this system, we feel it is the best solution for the mod pack going forward.
Because the new sorting system allows us to add content without remapping, it is now plausible for us to develop content in small chunks and then roll that content out as soon as it is ready for use, rather than it having to be saved up and released all in one go. This update therefore doesn't include everything that is planned for Fondant Fancy - only a small subset. The remainder of content planned for Fondant Fancy will be released in the form of 'Update Rollup' releases over the course of the development process. For the sake of avoiding world generation problems, we have endeavoured to complete all of the world generation content for this version, so it is unlikely that future Fondant-branch update rollups will include new world generation content.
Now, without further ado, I proudly present the initial service release of "Fondant Fancy"!
• The package name of this release has been changed from 'com.asterionmc' to 'robbit' in order to reflect the fact that this project is no longer a subcomponent of Asterion Minecraft. Consequently, all mods (even if they have not been changed) have been version-bumped for this release.
Vanilla Minecraft (via Robbit Backcraft)
The following features from Minecraft 1.8 have been added (as an expansion to the existing 1.8 content that made it into Exciting Eclair):
• Collision boxes for blocks can now be calculated from chunk cache.
• Completely reworked the pathfinding system for all mobs.
• Added Raw mutton and Cooked mutton.
• Added Raw rabbit, Cooked rabbit and Rabbit stew.
• Added Inverted daylight detector.
• Added Banners: tall decorative flag-like blocks that can be customized with various colours and patterns.
• Added Slime Block: a transparent block with custom piston behaviour that you can bounce on.
• The Sponge is now functional again. After soaking up water, it becomes a Wet Sponge and can be dried out in a furnace.
• Added Guardian and Elder Guardian mobs: Hostile underwater mobs which guard ocean monuments.
• Added Endermites which sometimes spawn when you throw Ender Pearls.
• Ocean monuments: New underwater generated structures made out of prismarine, prismarine bricks, dark prismarine and sea lanterns. 8 gold blocks can be found at the center of the monument, surrounded by dark prismarine. Clusters of wet sponge blocks can be found on some rooms. A flashing boss guardian will appear on screen when close to an elder guardian, and Mining Fatigue III will be inflicted on the player for 5 minutes.
• The 'Water World' preset now has a Water Bucket icon and is now configured to generate ocean monuments.
• Fix rendering of underside face in water.
• Added support for rendering full-screen 'titles' which can be sent by the server.
• Blaze Rod is now rendered in 3D when held.
• The player list shown when pressing TAB has been updated to show player colours and faces. It can also now have a header and footer (sent by the server).
• When debug mode is enabled, item stack tooltips now show how many NBT tags the item stack has.
• Gravel roads in villages now have cobblestone underneath, to prevent them from collapsing into caves.
• Desert temples now spawn with stained clay instead of dyed wool.
• Stone Stairs have been renamed to Cobblestone Stairs.
• Horses can no longer be fed bread for taming, healing, or growing.
• Wheat's acceleration of baby horse growth was reduced.
• Packed Ice is now mined faster with a pickaxe.
• Huge mushroom blocks: When harvested with silk touch enchantment, they drop blocks with corresponding mushroom texture (red or brown) on all sides, rather than the one with spores.
The following features from Minecraft 1.9 have been added:
• Added Frosted Ice and the Frost Walker boots enchantment. The enchantment causes nearby still water blocks to turn into 'Frosted Ice' which melts back to water in multiple stages.
• Added the Grass Path block, which can be made by right clicking grass blocks with a shovel.
• Added new end-related blocks and items: Chorus Flower, Chorus Plant, End Rod, End Stone Brick, Purpur Block, Purpur Pillar, Purpur Stairs, Purpur Slab, Chorus Fruit, Popped Chorus Fruit and End Crystal. (These blocks and items work the same way as in 1.9).
• Added an item cooldown handler which allows items to have usage cooldowns.
• Ender Pearls now have a 1 second cooldown after being used before they can be used again.
The following features from Minecraft 1.10 have been added:
• Added Magma Block which spawns in ore-like veins throughout the Nether (Hell biome only).
• Added Bone Block.
• Added Nether Wart Block and Red Nether Brick (as Warted Hell Bricks).
VanillaMap and ChunkRemapper
• Implemented a new registry sorting system (appropriately called 'RegistrySorter') which is now the default sorting system used by NEI, the creative inventory list, InventoryTweaks, and the Microblock/Facade registry. This adds a new ID value (the sorting ID) to each block and item in addition to them having their own mapping ID. The sorting IDs of items can then be changed in order to adjust their position in the item list without having to change their mapping ID.
• Fixed a bug where some IC2 items with NBT tags were not being properly hidden from NEI.
Robbit Mod Pack General Changes
• Updated to Forge 1614.
• The loading screen has been reworked and now includes progress bars.
• In addition to supporting public servers like Asterion Minecraft, the dedicated server JAR now supports running private dedicated servers which operate in a "LAN world" style. The features enabled for the dedicated server depends on the installation context property.
• Fixed a server crash caused by Legacy Edition changes.
• It is now possible to specify the port used to host LAN worlds. The default port is set to the standard Minecraft hosting port (25565).
• The server MOTD is now loaded from disk rather than being hardcoded.
• Fixed the say command not working with command blocks.
• Small general bug fixes to Robbit and Forge/FML internals.
• Added Fondant Fancy to the commemorative food selection.
• Added lemon trees, coconut palm trees and banana trees.
• Added Pilara Plant, which grows naturally underwater in coral reefs, and can be macerated into Pilara Rice.
• Chickens now use corn seeds instead of wheat seeds for tempting and breeding.
• Punching tall grass no longer drops seeds. Instead, flax and corn can now be found with wheat in villages.
• Added Rubber Wood Planks and related items. Consequently, the ability to turn Rubber Wood into Jungle Planks has been removed.
• Added Tourmaline, a new pink gem which is along the same lines as Ruby, Topaz, Peridot and Sapphire. All relevant related items have also been added.
• The recipe for Adamant has been changed to include Tourmaline.
• Added new decorative blocks for Tourmaline.
• New doors, buttons, and fences have been added which match up with the new plank and wood types added in this release.
• There are now separate signs for each wood type.
• Microblocks added for most of the new blocks added in this release.
Robbit Nether Biomes
• Added Ice Golem, a rare new hostile mob which spawns in the Frost biome (originally planned for Exciting Eclair). It is aggroed if you attempt to harvest Grandis Fruit.
• Added Shimmerbloom Block, Shimmering Frost Bricks, Hexroot Block, Hexed Spell Bricks, Blightstem Block, Blighted Vile Bricks, Discharge Block and Discharged Shock Bricks, in the same style as the new nether blocks from 1.10.
• Added stairs, slabs, fences and fence gates for all new nether brick blocks.
• Added new biomed alternatives to the Magma Block. The Frost biome gets Dark Ice, which collapses as you walk over it. The Sorcery biome gets the Depletion Block, which drains your XP. The Vile biome gets the Slime Block. The Shock biome gets the Repulsion Stone which boosts jumping while you are standing on it, allowing you to reach greater heights.
• The 'Magma Block' and new 'wart'-style blocks can now be placed into an Extractor to get back their base components.
• Added new 'Railcraft-style' nether brick/stone variants with recipes matching the standard Railcraft brick/stone variant blocks.
• Blightstem is no longer an alternative to Nether Wart during potion-making.
• Blightstem can now be macerated into Grin Powder.
• Blightstem can now be used to make Fertilizer.
• Added Bat Wing, which drops from bats when they are killed. It can currently be used to craft leather, although other uses are planned for later.
• The Disjunction enchantment now works on Endermites.
• Added Combustible Lemon. Be careful - it might burn your house down!
• Added relevant tools for Tourmaline.
Balkon's Weapon Mod
• The recipes for poison darts have been changed.
BiblioCraft, BiblioWoods & Robbit BiblioStuff
• Updated to version 1.11.5. The most notable additions in this version are the Painting Frame, Clock, Typewriter, Clipboard, Stockroom Catalog, Plumb Line and Furniture Paneler. In particular, the paneler is very interesting, because it allows you to create customized variants of BiblioCraft blocks by applying custom block panels to framed versions of those blocks. A framed chest is also available. (Ever feel like making a wrapping paper chest? Well, you can now!)
• Added BiblioWoods EBXL version 1.4. This is an expansion mod for BiblioCraft which adds support for the wood types from ExtraBiomesXL, allowing you to make items such as a Wattle Tool Rack or a Redwood Potion Shelf.
• Added Robbit BiblioStuff, which is a custom expansion mod similar to BiblioWoods EBXL that adds support for the Robbit wood types.
• Fixed incompatibility with new Forge releases.
• Fixed explosions that were triggered by IC2 not playing any sound effect.
• Fixed a crash when trying to use the Plasma Launcher on a dedicated server.
• Fixed the Plasma Launcher having a missing texture.
• The minimap is no longer rendered if the F3 debug screen is enabled.
Not Enough Items
• Added a recipe handler for the IC2 Replicator, allowing you to use NEI to see what items can be mass-fabricated.
• Disabled update nag.
WAILA: What Am I Looking At?
• Fixed tooltips of door blocks showing the wrong icon.
• Fixed the End Crystal entity having a missing tooltip.
If you find any bugs, please report them on our JIRA bug tracker located at jira.ginever.net. This will help us to weed out and fix bugs faster and more efficiently. Thank you.